Recipe type: Side
Unguyzov Anush is an Armenian food recipe for sweet sauce.
- 1 package dried apricots, soaked overnight
- ½ cup orange peels, sliced
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch saffron
- ¾ - 1 cup water
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, skinned and slivered
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Cooked rice
- In a saucepan, cover orange peels with slightly salted water to cover 2 inches over top of peels. Cook until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water several times until bitterness disappears. Dry peels with paper towel.
- Melt butter and add sugar, saffron and ¾ cup of water. More water may be added. Add nuts, orange peels, and lemon juice and cook gently until it thickens to the consistency of marmalade or until water is mostly absorbed. Set aside.
- Add ½ cup sugar to apricots and cook approximately 10-15 minutes until tender. Add this to marmalade mixture.
- Serve over rice.