Recipe type: Dessert
Tutum Rechel is an Armenian food recipe for a pumpkin preserve.
- 3 lbs. pumpkin
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. powdered lime, mixed in 2 qts. cold water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- juice of half lemon
- Cut pumpkin, remove seeds and skin then cut into 3 to 4 inch slices a quarter inch thick. Soak the slices in 1 gallon of water with the lime solution. Leave overnight.
- The following day, drain and wash pumpkin.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and lemon juice.
- Cook 3 to 4 hours. Cool. Bottle and refrigerate.