Recipe type: Entree
This Pilaf is an Armenian food recipe with rice and vermicelli.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds and pine nuts
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over low heat. Brown vermicelli until golden. Stir in rice until well coated with butter.
- Add broth and seasoning and bring to a boil. Stir once and then simmer for 15–20 minutes until broth is absorbed and rice is soft.
- Let rice sit for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a separate pan and brown nuts for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Scatter over rice before serving.