Recipe type: Dessert
Lokhum is an Armenian food recipe for Turkish delight.
- 8 cups sugar
- 8 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 or 4 drops of oil of bergamot
- Heat the water. Mix cornstarch and sugar together and dissolve in the heated water. Cook on low fire until thickened. Then lower the fire to very low, and stir continuously while cooking for one hour.
- Ten minutes before it is done, add the bergamot and the lemon juice.
- Pour into a shallow pan and cut into small squares while still warm.
- Dip into powdered sugar before serving.
- You can add pistachio nuts to the mixture when you take it off the fire.