Recipe type: Entree
Khorovats is an Armenian food recipe for meat skewers.
- 2 lbs lamb or pork, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced thick
- Salt and pepper -- to season
- Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp oil
- Toss the lamb, onion, salt and pepper, lemon juice and oil together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate. Overnight is best.
- Thread the chunks of meat on skewers and set at room temperature while you get a hot fire going in a grill.
- Grill the meat skewers over the hot grill flame, turning frequently, until done to your liking.