Recipe type: Dessert
Grape Bastegh is an Armenian food recipe for grape fruit leather with pistachios.
- 4 Cups grape juice
- ½ Cup flour
- Pistachios, chopped
- Dissolve flour in 1 cup of lukewarm juice.
- Bring 3 cups of juice to a boil. Add sugar if more sweetness is desired.
- Add the dissolved flour to the hot juice gradually, mix well, and simmer on very low fire, stirring frequently, until it begins to bubble.
- Spread a heavy muslin piece or pieces on a table or any flat surface, pour the thickened juice over them and flatten to ⅛ inch thickness with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle pistachios over before mixture begins to dry. Let them dry over-night.
- The next day, hang the muslins from a line to dry for another day.
- To remove the pastegh from the cloth, spray water on the back side, wait a few minutes, then pull off the pastegh from the muslin. Sprinkle cornstarch on the side of pastegh that touched the cloth to absorb the moisture caused by the spraying of water. Slice and store.