Canned Grape Leaves
Recipe type: Side
Canned Grape Leaves is an Armenian food recipe for storing grape leaves.
- Grape leaves
- 2 qts water
- ½ cup salt
- Wash the leaves well. Stack 30 of them one on top of the other so the stems are together side by side in a row. Fold once or twice and tie with a string.
- Bring water to a boil and add salt.
- Drop the bundles of leaves into boiling water and take them out again, one at a time. Let cool a little.
- Put them in sterilized pint jars, tightly packed.
- Pour the boiling salt water over them and cover immediately. Each pint of leaves will serve ten to twelve people.